- This event has passed.
TRYPO’s First Wind Symphony & Percussion Ensemble Concert!
May 11 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Don’t miss the premiere of TRYPO’s Wind Symphony, led by Music Director Brian Worsdale, performing the music of Grainger, Holst, Lauridsen, and Ticheli! TRYPO’s Percussion Ensemble, directed by Paul Evans, opens the performance.
As with every TRYPO concert, general admission is free, with suggested donation.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or just come to the concert and we’ll take care of you there!
Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Mary Pappert School of Music, Duquesne University, Dr. Thomas D. Pappert Center for Performance & Innovation
Paul Evans, Percussion Ensemble Director
- Geary Larrick, Trio for Tambourines
- David P. Eyler, March Time for Percussion Trio
- Kandis Taylor, Seaside Stroll
Brian Worsdale, Music Director and Conductor
- Percy Aldridge Grainger, Lincolnshire Posy
– “Lisbon” (Sailors Song)
– “Horkstow Grange” (The Miser and his Man: A local Tragedy)
– “The Lost Lady Found” (Dance Song)
- Gustav Holst, First Suite in E-Flat for Military Band, Op. 28, No. 1
- Morton Lauridsen, O Magnum Mysterium for Concert Band (featuring guest conductor, Len Lavelle)
- Frank Ticheli, Vesuvius