Introducing a new segment of TRYPOsphere…TRYPOtalks! In this online series, we’ll invite special guests to hold sessions relevant to young musicians, all viewed through the lens of contemporary life in 2021. The upcoming TRYPOtalks! will focus on topics like How Music Moves Us, Hip Hop Orchestra, and more, plus a Virtual College Fair.
Get all the details below!
All TRYPOtalks are free for TRYPO students and a suggested $5 donation for non-members.
TRYPOtalks! 2021 Schedule
- Wednesday, January 20, 7:00 PM: Virtual College Fair (Carnegie Mellon University School of Music, Duquesne University Mary Pappert School of Music, Eastman School of Music, Manhattan School of Music, and Westminster College School of Music)
- Wednesday, February 3, 7:00 PM: Hip Hop Orchestra with Michael Chapman and members of The Guardians of Sound
- Wednesday, March 17, 7:00PM: Jordan Pyle (Oboe/English Horn, Reno Philharmonic) on Sound Play: How Music Moves Us | To register, please email email@example.com.
TRYPOtalks! 2020 Schedule
- Wednesday, November 11, 7:00 PM: Chelsea Sharpe (Violin, New World Symphony) talks Audition Preparation
- Monday, November 23, 7:00 PM: Michael Warren (Composer, Duquesne University Alum) on Dealing with Anxiety
- Wednesday, December 2, 7:00 PM: Rob Traugh (Composer, Duquesne University Faculty) on Making Music to Match Your Mood
Wednesday, December 16, 7:00 PM: Jim Nova (Trombone, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra) on an Introduction to Overdubbing