- Meet the new music director of TRYPO! We are very excited that Brian Worsdale has relocated to Pittsburgh to work with the talented young people of our region. Meet Brian Worsdale.
- Check out all of our fantastic Artistic Staff.
- Auditions are tough! See Audition Advice Blog for some helpful hints.
- Scroll down to see Audition Dates, Audition Application, Program details, and links to audition requirements!
Young Peoples Orchestra [YPO] and Wind Symphony [WS]
May 5, 2019: Percussion, Viola, Cello & Bass Auditions at Duquesne University, Mary Pappert School of Music (600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15282)
May 6 & 7, 2019: Violin Auditions at Third Presbyterian Church (5701 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232)
May 13 & 14, 2019: Woodwinds & Brass Auditions at Duquesne University, Mary Pappert School of Music (600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15282)
June 1 & 2, 2019: Symphonette Auditions at Duquesne University, Mary Pappert School of Music (600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15282)
Students with complete applications will be contacted to schedule their audition date and time. Auditions will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
Three Simple Steps
Submit $25 application fee.
- Online: PayPal accepted at end of application form.
- Check/Cash: Mail to office
- Request audition fee waiver
[All audition fee details available in application form.]
Auditioning students with completed applications will be contacted to schedule their audition date and time. Audition slots are first come, first served.
While we always prefer to meet and hear you in person, if you are unable to attend a live audition, you may submit an audition by video. Please read/download the Video Audition Guidelines for more information.
TRYPO PROGRAM OPTIONS AUDITIONING IN SPRING 2019
Here is a summary of the Spring 2019 auditioning ensembles accepting new students for the 2019-20 season. Openings for all instruments in all sections. For more information about all TRYPO programs, please explore their Detailed Program Information pages linked below, and ensemble audition requirements.
- Young Peoples Orchestra [YPO]: Advanced symphonic orchestra
- Wind Symphony (WS): Advanced/intermediate wind ensemble
- Symphonette: Intermediate string ensemble
Other Program Options
Here is a summary of other program options. For more information about all TRYPO programs, please explore the Programs Menu. Participation in these programs can happen in addition to the auditioned programs above, or independently from the auditioned programs above.
- Youth Chamber Connection [YC2]: Beginner to advanced small ensembles (quartets/quintets).
- Suggested ages: YC2 can match students at all ages, all levels into small ensembles.
- How to join: Enrollment takes place Fall 2019, video required for placement.
- Instruments: Strings, woodwinds, brass.
- YC2 at Chautauqua Music Camps: Intermediate to advanced summer camp August 10-17, 2019 in Chautauqua, NY
- Ages: Open to students completing 7th-12th grade in June 2019.
- How to join: Application and placement video required.
- Instruments: Strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion.
- Percussion Ensemble (PE): Advanced/intermediate percussion ensemble
- Suggested ages 14-19.
- How to join: Members of YPO and Wind Symphony automatically accepted, audition required for any other interested students. Enrollment takes place Fall 2019.
- Instruments: Percussion.
- Apprentice Conductor Program (ACP): Study conducting with Mr. Worsdale
- Ages: Open to musicians in 9th-12th grade.
- How to join: Written application process opens Fall 2019, open to members of TRYPO as well as any other program.
- Instruments: Open to any young musician with interest in conducting.